- Always use official sites for downloading software.
- To download my software, use the links in the download section of each application.
- Make sure the download links start with https://vault.heardofaudio.com/ before starting a download
- Check the archives yourself before installing them using an online tool or local application.
- macOS applications are signed and notarised with my Apple Developer ID.
- For operating systems other than macOS to test that a file is unmodified, verify the downloaded file’s PGP signature. Where applicable, the signatures for downloads appear just below the download links for each file.
I think that the people who are trying to shut down WikiLeaks are going to have to accept this as a fact of reality that cryptography allows you to do this kind of thing.
One must acknowledge with cryptography no amount of violence will ever solve a math problem.
Cryptography is the ultimate form of non-violent direct action.
One of the most singular characteristics of the art of deciphering is the strong conviction possessed by every person, even moderately acquainted with it, that he is able to construct a cipher which nobody else can decipher. I have also observed that the cleverer the person, the more intimate is his conviction.
Encryption works. Properly implemented strong crypto systems are one of the few things that you can rely on. Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that the NSA can frequently find ways around it.
Cryptography products may be declared illegal, but the information will never be.
Encryption...is a powerful defensive weapon for free people. It offers a technical guarantee of privacy, regardless of who is running the government... It's hard to think of a more powerful, less dangerous tool for liberty.
Anyway, it's not true that the authorities cannot access the content of the phone even if there is no back door. When I was at the NSA, we did this every single day, even on Sundays. I believe that encryption is a civic responsibility, a civic duty.